You are about to connect Apple earbuds to a computer, do you know how? How to Use Apple Earbuds As Microphones On PC is the subject of this article.
Using Apple earbuds as a mic on a PC is easiest done step by step using this guide. Depending on the kind of Apple earbuds and computer model you’re using, we provide separate instructions.
Table of Contents
- Things You Need to Use Your Apple EarPods as a Mic
- How to Use Your Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC
- How to Connect Wireless Apple Headphones to PC
Things You Need to Use Your Apple EarPods as a Mic
Using EarPods that have a built-in 3.5mm jack is the simplest way to utilize Apple earbuds as a microphone on a PC. You’ll need the next item if your earbuds use Apple’s proprietary lightning cable.
If your Apple headphones have a lightning cable, and you want to utilize it as a microphone on your computer or laptop, you’ll need a female lightning cable to the USB-A connector. This is the only option available due to hardware and manufacturing constraints.
For this year, there’s a great USB-A connector audio adapter that you can buy.
How to Use Your Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC
The technique for using Apple headphones as a microphone on a PC is made simple by steps.
Step 1: Connect Your Apple Headphones to Your PC
1. Identify the Recording Slot
You’ll need to determine which recording slot your computer or laptop has first. Nowadays, most computers and laptops come with a single audio jack, allowing you to simply plug in your headphones.
Nonetheless, several computers still have two distinct places for headphone audio and recording/microphone input, respectively.
Simply choose the recording slot, which is usually pink and/or has a mic symbol on it, if your PC has two slots, and you want to utilize your Apple earbuds as a mic.
2. Place Your Earbuds into the Recording Slot
Just plug in your Apple earbuds to the designated slot now that you know the recording slot of your PC.
STEP 2: Configuring the Audio Settings
The Control Panel or Settings must be opened before you may begin the configuration process.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your toolbar, you’ll find the Windows icon. Alternatively, you may simply press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search box when the pop-up screen opens. You may also launch “Settings” and start writing for Windows 10 users.
- Select the Control Panel or Settings app when it appears in the suggestions, and click Open.
You can also try this way:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type “control panel” in the empty box, then click OK or press Enter.
STEP 3: Sound Setting
It’s time to adjust the Sound settings once the Control Panel / Settings has been opened. You may now alter your sound settings in two different ways.
The Control Panel is one way to do it, while Settings is the other. Let’s compare both approaches.
You’ll need to do the following if you’ve opened Settings rather than the Control Panel:
- Find and select System.
- Select Sound from the left-hand menu.
- The Sound Control Panel can be found by clicking on the drop-down menu. A popup window will open to reveal a small message.
- On the Control Panel, locate and click on Hardware and Sound
- Click on Sound or Manage audio devices
STEP 4: Select “Recording” and Find “External Mic”
- Select the Recording tab on the Sound window.
- By clicking the Set Default button, you can left-click your Apple headphones (commonly known as “High Definition Audio”) and set them as default.
On your Apple headphones, you’ll usually see a green checkmark. This implies that the device has already been recognized and connected to your computer.
STEP 5: Enable Your Apple Earbud as a Mic
- Click on your Apple headphones in the Sound window’s Recording tab.
- Select the Properties button after it has been highlighted.
- Select the Levels tab in the Microphone Properties box.
- To suit your preferences, adjust the sliders for Microphone Levels and Microphone Boost.
- To save the changes, click Apply and then OK.
If your Apple headphones aren’t recognized by your PC, try these steps:
- Go to Settings first. You can accomplish this by clicking the Windows toolbar icon or by using the Windows key on your keyboard.
- In the search box, type “sound settings.”
- Select “Open” or “Sound Settings”
- Choose your Apple headphones under “Choose your input device.”
Once you’ve changed the settings, your microphone and earphones should both function.
How to Connect Wireless Apple Headphones to PC
Wireless Apple headphones are more difficult to connect to a PC than wired Apple headphones. Bluetooth is a technology that can be used to link your wireless headphones.
Here I will give you the best way to Connect Apple Wireless Headphones to PC:
Using the Control Panel, you may also connect to Bluetooth.
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon on the toolbar to open the Control Panel.
- Type “control panel” in the search box.
- In the upper right corner of the window, when the Control Panel opens, type “Bluetooth” in the search box.
- Change Bluetooth settings by clicking.
- There will be a popup with Bluetooth settings. Select the checkbox next to Let Bluetooth devices search for this PC.
- To save changes, click Okay, followed by apply.
- Then select Add a Bluetooth device by returning to the Control Panel.
- Make sure the wireless Apple headphones are prepared to connect.
- Click on your headphones to connect when they appear in the list of compatible devices.
Make sure to go over the configuration settings we discussed earlier after you’ve established a connection. It’s important to keep in mind that your PC’s model and functionality determine the success or failure of the procedures mentioned above.
It may be challenging to connect Apple headphones to non-Apple devices. You may need to change a few settings on your PC depending on the device you’re using. We explain how to use Apple headphones with a mic on a PC in this post. We’ve made the procedure easier so that you may easily pair your Apple headphones with your computer, whether you have a Windows 10 or an older version.