Whether you’re using headphones to enjoy your music or take phone calls, it’s important to make sure the connection between the headphones and device is perfect. Of course, sometimes things can go wrong, and you may need to know how to connect Bose headphones correctly or disconnect them from your device.
In this blog article, we’ll explain how to connect Bose headphones to your iPhone using the Bose Connect app and also how to pair them with your device’s settings. Have fun!
How to Pair Bose Headphone with Your Smartphone (Android and iOS)
Now I’ll demonstrate how to connect Bose earphones to your phone. To connect Bose headphones to your smartphone, there are two methods available.
How to pair Bose headphones to iPhone
To connect your Bose Earbuds to your iPhone, do the following:
- To begin, open the earbud case and press and hold the pairing button until the light begins to pulse, then put your Bose Earbuds into pairing mode.
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone after you’ve inserted your earphones into pairing mode.
- Select Bluetooth from the Settings menu.
- Now enable the Bluetooth option. The bud appears in the device list if it is in pairing mode.
- Select your earbuds from the list of devices, and they will automatically connect to your iPhone.
See more :
How to pair Bose Headphone to android
Connect QuietComfort, Sport, and Sport Open earbuds to your device.
To connect Bose earbuds to Android phones (Samsung, Xiaomi, and Google Pixel), do the following:
- Step 1: Turn on your Bose Earbuds so that your other device can discover them. Hold down the Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth light starts pulsing.
- Step 2: Open the “Settings” app on your Android phone.
- Step 3: From the Settings menu, choose “Bluetooth.”
- Step 4: Turn on Bluetooth.
- Step 5: After turning on your Bluetooth, you’ll be able to find your earphones if they’re in pairing mode. Your earbuds will be paired with your Android phone in just a few seconds!
- Step 6: Lastly, the Bose earbuds will be recognized by your Android phone, and a headphone icon will be displayed at the top of your screen.
To Pair Bose headphones with your iPhone or Android smartphone, there is another way you can do it, using the Bose Connect App:
Pair your Bose headset with the Connect App:
- Download the Bose Connect app from App Store or Play Store.
- Go to the Connections section of the app and start it.
- Choose the New Connect option (If you are a new user of the app)
- On the headset, make sure the power light is on, and you hold down the Call button to activate pairing mode.
- The Bose Connect app will now recognize your device. Enter a name and choose from the options.
- The indicator light flashes for two seconds after the device has been connected, and the application asserts that the device is Connected to (Device Name).
- You may disconnect your gadget from the app if you wish, and you’ll see your gadget name in the Connections History subcategory if you decide to reconnect it later. Connected devices may be reconnected there, as well.
How to solve unpaired Bose Headset in Bose app
- Check that your wireless headset is turned on and retry if it isn’t shown up in the Bose Connect app.
- Reboot the gadget if the above fails.
- If you’re on Android, turn on location services or clear the app’s cache to reset the app’s settings and, hopefully, solve the problem.
- Try closing and reopening the Connect app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I reset my Bose Headphone?
For most wireless headphones, here’s how to reset your bose headset:
- First, turn off your Bose Bluetooth headset. Press the Bluetooth button to turn it on. The volume + and power buttons on certain Bluetooth headphones must be pressed at the same time.
- Press and hold the power Bluetooth button for 5-10 seconds, then release. An LED on some headsets will indicate whether or not the device is ready to pair again.
- On linked devices, locate and erase the Bluetooth headset’s name. Restart the gadget after turning it off.
- Follow the above steps to connect the Bose Bluetooth power switch to the device.
Why won’t my device pair with my Bose QuietComfort 35?
The headset will not connect to your device for a number of reasons. There are three basic sorts of reasons in total:The cause comes from the device:
- The device isn’t compatible with the headset, you haven’t turned it on, or you haven’t given Bluetooth permission to the device. Bluetooth isn’t supported.
- The battery in the Bluetooth earpiece is dead, the earpiece isn’t powered on, or the earpiece is situated far from the gadget.
- The third factor explains why the connection support software has an issue: other wave devices cause interference, which is explained by the third factor.
- Disconnecting, turning the gadget off, rebooting, and reconnecting is possibly the simplest solution in any circumstance.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to connect Bose headphones to iPhone or Android using the Bose connect app and pair them with iPhone and Android settings. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.