Making your car sound like a bass-filled DJ truck with the latest and greatest car amps can be very expensive. How do you get more bass in your car? How do you make your car sound like a DJ truck at the club? Some people prefer a lot of bass while others prefer more treble and less bass. So, how can you get more bass in your car?
How much does it cost to get bass in your car?
The cost of getting bass in your car will vary depending on the make and model of your car. It may cost anywhere from $100 to $500. You should plan to spend around $500 for an average-sized subwoofer. This includes the enclosure, speakers, and amplifier. It’s also possible to find cheaper options that are made smaller and more compact than those in this price range.
To get bass sound in your car, you really need to spend some money to get good bass sound by buying some audio equipment which is dedicated to bass. When you want more bass, sound system efficiency is important. There are a few things that can be changed on the settings to get more bass out of your car without having to buy any new equipment.
How to make the bass in your car sound its best
The bass in your car is the most important speaker. It provides a low frequency sound that gives your music and movies a powerful sound.
The bass in your car can be enhanced to make it sound better. For this, you need to know how to play with the EQ settings on your car. The first step is to increase the treble and mid frequencies while decreasing the bass. This will give you a more balanced sound with a clearer high-end and deeper low end frequencies.
You can also try using foam earplugs or an equalizer for this purpose. You can also use a subwoofer for this purpose which will give you more bass than any other speakers would provide by themselves. You can also try some of the following methods:
Check Your Bass and Treble Tone Controls First
Before you invest in a new bass system, make sure that the problem isn’t something much simpler going on with your car radio. For example, it’s possible that someone changed the tone controls without your knowledge. If you used to have a deeper, more satisfying sound than you do now, it’s likely that someone changed the tone controls.
In order to change the tone of your car radio, you may have to access a menu or use physical controls. If you can’t find a menu or physical controls, check your manual. If your sound is off, try adjusting the treble and bass. Try to favor the rear speakers. If you find that your bass is lacking, turning up the bass tones may help. However, you may need a subwoofer to get a satisfying level of bass.
Setting your equalizer to the ‘bass’ setting
Step-by-Step Guide for best equalizer settings for bass in the car
- Before playing a song, check that the song contains a lot of different sounds. Check high, low, and mid-range frequencies.
- Your car stereo’s fade control should be tuned in such a way that all the sound comes from your front speakers. Adjust the left-right balance until the sound comes from your sound system is your choice. You should also make sure that balance settings are the same for both of your speakers.
- First, listen to the tone of the speaker and make note of what is wrong. Then, try different presets on your EQ app to see if you can correct the tone. Try cutting bass and boosting treble to see if you can get the sound to sound better. Stop once you find a preset that you enjoy.
If you are confused you can watch this short video :
How to Improve Bass in a Car
Adding a subwoofer and an amp to your car audio system is the first step to getting great bass, but it’s only the first step. If you’re not satisfied with the way your bass sounds, you can adjust things to make it sound much better.
The main issue is that, when you put a subwoofer in your car without tuning the system, you’re likely to end up with a muddy sound. If you take the time to tune the system, your bass will usually sound better. The basic steps in tuning a car audio system with a subwoofer amp are:
- Turn the bass all the way down. Turn the subwoofer amp off. Turn the low-pass filter to the highest setting. Finally, turn the bass boost off.
- Turn the radio on. Set the tone controls to their middle settings.
- Play a piece of music that has a range of notes from high to low.
- The volume on the radio should be between 25 and 75 percent of maximum.
- Turn up your amplifier until you hear distortion. Back off until it goes away.
- Without a subwoofer, the low-pass filter keeps you from hearing mid- and high-frequency sounds coming from your speakers.
- If your amplifier has a bass boost function, and you aren’t satisfied with the level of bass at this point, go through the entire process again, from step one.
While tuning your subwoofer amplifier can be instrumental in getting the best bass response possible, it’s important to note that if your audio system has any other amps, they need to be tuned separately.
Finding the Best Amp for Bass in Your Car
When you’re buying a subwoofer amp, you need to make sure it’s strong enough for the rest of your sound system. In order to do this, you’ll want to know how powerful your amp is relative to the size of your car stereo.
You can dig into the details as deeply as you want to fine-tune things before pulling the trigger on your upgrade, but a good rule of thumb is:
It’s important only to purchase factory head units to ensure your warranty isn’t voided.
- Between 200-300 watts RMS for aftermarket head units.
- If you’re using an amplifier to power a set of speakers, multiply the output wattage by 5-10x to figure out how many watts you need for the subwoofer.
- If you are in the market for a new amp and subwoofer, it’s very important to consider both devices together. Subwoofers have a range of power that they can accept, but not all amps will work with every sub.
When choosing an amplifier for your subwoofer, it’s important to match the RMS output of the amp to the sub’s rating. You should also make sure to choose an amp that is compatible with the impedance of the sub.
For example, if you have a 1 ohm subwoofer, choose an amp that can handle a 1 ohm load. This is pretty simple if you only have one subwoofer in your car, but it can get complicated when wiring multiple subs to one amp.
Can You Get Better Bass in a Car Without an Amp or Subwoofer?
You will not get good bass without an amp and subwoofer. If you want your music to be more bass-heavy, you’re better off getting a subwoofer. But even the best coaxial speakers lack the low frequencies that can only be produced by a subwoofer.
So while upgrading your speakers will definitely improve the quality of the sound, it won’t make it any louder or deeper. The best way to add bass to your car without adding a subwoofer is to build boxes for your rear speakers and place them in the trunk. You could use 6.5-inch speakers or large woofers for good sound.